The Shack values your privacy. This notice describes what information we collect, how we use it, and, if necessary, those with whom we share it.
1. General Information
2. Types Of Information Gathered
The information we collect from customers helps personalise and continually improve your experience at The Shack. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us.
You provide information when you search, read, and view the content and/or communicate with us through the contact form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- IP address
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through our website or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
The Shack will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
Our website uses Facebook pixels that enable us, our advertisers and service providers:
- Collect statistics on our websites and social networks (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
- Collect information about how you interact with our websites and social networks (e.g., whether you opened or followed links contained within).
- Personalise online services and marketing communications.
- Match ads to users and optimise advertising campaigns.
Like many websites, we use “cookies.” We obtain certain types of anonymous information that is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses, The Shack or third-party content served by or on behalf of The Shack on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyse includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed; purchase history; and the products you searched for, viewed and possibly purchased.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They allow the website to recognise your device and remember if you have been to the website before.
Cookies are used to measure which parts of the website users visit and to personalise their experience. Cookies also provide information that helps us monitor and improve the performance of the website.
If you do not want cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some cookies and to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’, or ‘edit’ section. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may not be able to access or use all or parts of the functionalities of The Shack.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent The Shack from placing further cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
We provide the links for the management and blocking of cookies depending on the browser you use:
Third-party cookies may come from partners or third-party companies that provide functional web services or tools for our website and the optimal functioning and operation of our services. We use third-party cookies responsibly and for the sole purpose of providing optimal functioning of the platform and services. You may opt-out of these cookies by following the cookie removal information contained in this document or the technical information of the browser from which you access our website and services.
Session cookies are used to keep the session open for users when they enter the website and platform with their credentials and password. Session cookies are temporary and are deleted from your machine when the session is closed and the browser is closed. We use session cookies to keep your session open when you use our services and to identify you on our system each time you log on to the platform by starting a session.
The data collected by The Shack and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above.
Uses of Cookies
Our cookies are used for the following purposes:
These cookies are essential for The Shack to perform its basic functions.
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
Analytics and Performance:
Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our website, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our website functions and to understand how users interact with them.
4. How Long We Keep Your Data
Personal data will be kept for the time necessary to provide the website and services or until the user withdraws their consent. The Owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
5. How We Use Your Information.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Provide and post the content.
- Provide services.
- Communicate with you through the contact information.
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about upcoming events, offers and news about products and services offered by The Shack and our selected partners.
- Marketing purposes of The Shack.
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
6. How Do You Get My Consent?
7. Social Media
8. How We Share Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include process payments (payment platforms), host and provide the functionalities of the website, sending an email, analysing data (Google Analytics), Create Ads (Facebook, Google), providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of The Shack and others.
We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Shack, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The Shack uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the Website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the Website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
9. Protecting Your Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
The Shack follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once The Shack receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while The Shack strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
10. Your Rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data provided to The Shack:
- Access your personal data.
- Request the correction of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion.
- Request limitation of the processing of your data.
- Oppose the treatment of your data.
- Request your portability.
- Not be subject to automated individual decisions.
The users can exercise all these rights by contacting us through the contact form.
11. EU Members’ Rights (Gdpr Compliant)
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances.
We describe these rights below:
- Access and Porting: You can access your information at any time.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contacting us.
- Object: Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complain: Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
You can see more about these rights at:
12. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (CalOPPA)
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
According to the California Online Privacy act, you have the following rights:
- Know what personal data is being collected.
- Know whether your personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Access to your personal data.
- Request to delete any personal information about you.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights.
13. Children’s Online Privacy Protection
We are in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation – European regulation) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK regulation) regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete that information, terminate that person’s account, and restrict access to that person.
14. Editing And Deleting Information
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify and delete your information at any time, please contact us through the contact form. To opt-out of The Shack email, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours.
15. Third Parties